Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, April 16, 2009

106 TDOT Construction Deaths

We were driving East on 40 in Tennessee the other day when I saw the sign at the side of the highway.  At first I was both shocked and appalled at the high number of deaths.  Then I started to remember the countless number of times I have almost hit construction workers in this state.  I don't want to seem callous, but the State of Tennessee has a problem.  I can't tell you how many times I have seen workers step into oncoming traffic as if it wasn't there. Or how many times I have had to jerk my truck off the road or onto the shoulder in order to avoid hitting absent minded and careless workers.  I know all of you have seen the signs at the entrance to construction zones about years in jail and fines you will get for hitting a worker.  What they should be doing is spending money educating these morons about the danger of becoming complacent regarding their environment.  Then again maybe they are going for a Guinness Book World Record for the highest number of Darwin Awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment