Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Monday, March 16, 2009

Rosedown Plantation in Louisiana

A few years back we visisted this plantation.  Even though it was during the off season (February) it was still so very beautiful.  Any I time I get within 200 miles of Louisiana I start to sneeze, so I was pretty miserable the whole visit.  But it was so worth it.  I will have to try and dig up the rest of our photos we took while there.  The gardens were incredible.  My favorites were the kitchen and greek gardens.  I love the idea of a kitchen garden and this one was layed out so well.  The greek garden was entered thru this really neat ivy covered tunnel.  I have to have one someday!

The main drive up to the house was lined on both sides with 600' of antient oak trees

These pillars were outside the side door that led to house's library/office.

This was the drying house at the edge of the kitchen garden.  We chased several cute little lizards around for a while trying in vain to get a picture of one of them.  They were camera shy I guess.

This is the tunnel entrance to the greek garden.  What a perfect addition this would make to my dream herb garden!  Maybe dripping with chocolate mint instead of ivy...

Randy telling me to hurry up...

What you can't see in this picture is that there were two mirror gazebos on either side of this water feature.  A very romatic spot.  Can you imagine an evening spring party with the flowers all in bloom and soft torch light all around?



Randy is pointing to his watch and telling me to stop day dreaming of parties, gowns and dancing.  


Ok, so I wasn't ready to go just yet.  A few more pictures, please?  He is still waiting patiently here, but his stance said everything.  I had to admit it was time to go...



No comments:

Post a Comment