Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, March 19, 2009

In N Out Burger

When we are in the Southwest we always make the trek to the closest In-N-Out Burger.  Since we are staying in the TA East in Ontario, CA that is just across the truck parking lot (we always park in the back row and it's a VERY BIG lot), thru the truck stop to get out of the fenced secure lot, across the front parking lot, up the hill, over the bridge, across the highway and right at the first corner.  A hike to say the least, especially in the California sun!  But by the time you walk over and back you don't feel as guilty about indulging.

If you have ever eaten at an In-N-Out you understand.  If you haven't, I hope you get the chance someday.  For years we would make the trek just for Randy.  He fell in love when he was in the Navy stationed in San Diego years ago.  He tried for years to get me to try their food with no success.  I am not a burger fan.  Then along came my food allergies and I couldn't eat out anywhere largely in part due to the wide use of sulfite preservatives.  

In-N-Out to the rescue.  We were in Reno, NV a few years back when I discovered that all of their food is fresh, never frozen and absolutely no preservatives!  So I finally gave in.  Once is all it takes and your hooked.  I still am not a burger fan, but I will hunt down an In-N-Out Burger.  I always order the same thing:  hamburger, animal style (lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and grilled onions) with no sauce, 2 orders of fries and a small coke.  YUMMY!!  We always laugh as we are eating and say it sure is a good thing we don't live down the street from one of these places :-D

Here are a few of their tag lines (I can tell you, you can taste that they are all true):

All our burgers are made with fresh beef that's never frozen.

Our buns are made without preservatives the old fashioned way-from real sponge dough.

We hand-leaf our lettuce every day.

Our fries are peeled and diced daily from fresh Kennebec potatoes.

We've cooked our fries in cholesterol free oil since 1948.

I love to watch them push the potatoes thru the hand operated fry cutter just before they cook them.  Talk about knowing your food is fresh!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment