Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sunday, March 1, 2009

IDAHO HO

We survived our trip out west and are now sitting in Harrison, Idaho. It feels good to take a breath after our hectic run for the roses to do 2600 miles in just 48 hours.

I have video and photos of running thru ice and snow over the mountains in West Wyoming, Utah, Oregon and Washington! It took me 3 1/2 hours to run just under 100 miles in Western Wyoming and north up 84 past Ogden Thursday night on the ice. FUN FUN














Friday was the first time I have had the chance to drive thru Snowquamee Pass in Washington during the daylight. I took about a gazillion pictures. Not only did I get to run thru heading West, I also got to unload and return Eastbound an hour later. So I got to see the pass from both directions in less than 4 hours.



I was trying to show how bad the ruts were from all the snow chains.
Talk about a rough ride!  East bound was alot worse though...
This is not a tunnel, it is a snow shed.  A snow shed keeps the snow 
from coming down the mountain and landing on the cars on the road!

The amber signs had ice warnings and I thought it was cool
 with the snow blowing off the top of the mountain in the back ground.

A little bit of ice.
This picture doesn't do this snow blower justice.
It was the size of my truck and had to be throwing that snow straight up almost 100 feet!



The first time thru the sun was shinning with bright blue skies. There were ice warnings, but all I saw was wet roads :-) About halfway down on the Westward trip I got to see my first REALLY BIG snow blower in action clearing the snow away from the shoulder of the road. I wish I could get one of those for the house!

On our way back to Idaho we tried to wash the truck 3 times with no luck. It is covered with all of the sand and salt from the trip out here and looks absolutely terrible. But every time we made it back to the next truck wash they were already closed for the night. I never, ever, ever thought that I would see the day when I would wish for a Streaking Beakon. However I would have loved to see one of their glowing 24 hour signs last night. Of course not one of the 3 places we stopped had hours of operation posted either.

1 comment:

  1. I Love the snow pics. I love the snow but don't like driving in it. Hope ya'll are staying busy.

    ReplyDelete